皇冠体育平台

Jump directly to the content
'WELL DONE'

Piers Morgan congratulates no-nonsense Queen for 'telling part-timers Meghan Markle and Harry to sling their hook'

PIERS Morgan has congratulated the Queen for making the "right decision" and telling "part-timers" Meghan and Harry to "sling their hook."

The GMB host sung Her Majesty's praises after she put her foot down, revealing a no-nonsense Megxit deal that will see the Sussexes drop their royal titles and pay back £ 2.4 million of taxpayers' cash spent on Frogmore Cottage renovations.

Piers told the Queen: 'Well done!'
7
Credit: Rex Features Piers told the Queen: 'Well done!' Credit: Rex Features
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are stepping back from life as royals
Credit: Splash News Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are stepping back from life as royals Credit: Splash News
The Queen is spotted out in Sandringham on Saturday
7
Credit: Bav Media The Queen is spotted out in Sandringham on Saturday Credit: Bav Media

Tonight he took to Twitter to tell her: "Well done".

He wrote: "BREAKING: The Queen's told Megan / Harry to sling their part-time royal hook. Well done, Your Majesty-right decision".

He followed it up with: "Only surprised it took her so long to get Harry to ditch his family, the Monarchy, the military and his country. What a piece of work."

Piers concluded: "Bottom line: Meghan / Harry wanted to have their cake & eat it, but the Queen just took the cake back to the royal kitchens".

But opinionated Piers didn't stop there-he then took to his mentions, replying to user's comments and giving his thoughts on different aspects of royal life.

He accused Harry of "turning has back on the military," calling it "staggering" in reply to a tweet quoting the former Head of the Navy on the topic of Harry stepping down.

The GMB host added: "Philip must be devastated" in response to Harry passing on Phillip's former position of Captain General to the Royal Marines.

Phillip had held the title from 1953 to 2017.

Piers had previously blasted the couple for the bombshell "Megxit" decision,-saying the way the Queen had been treated was "disgusting".

He said: "The fact the Queen has been effectively railroaded into doing this deal because she's terrified of having another Diana situation where she took away her HRH."

He added: "The Queen has felt compelled to roll over and accept this."

The Palace today revealed details of the couple's future as the Megxit deal was sealed.

This new arrangement is expected to be rolled out in spring of this year, which means they will still be carrying out royal engagements and Meghan will be returning to the UK.

In a statement released by Buckingham Palace this evening, it was announced the royal couple will repay the £ 2.4million spent on Frogmore Cottage and it "will remain their UK family home".

It is understood Prince Charles will continue to privately fund their upkeep and is expected to give them up to £ 2million a year.

The pair will also drop their HRH titles "as they are no longer working members of the Royal Family".

STATEMENT IN FULL:

Following many months of conversations and more recent discussions, I am pleased that together we have found a constructive and supportive way forward for my grandson and his family.

Harry, Meghan and Archie will always be much loved members of my family.

I recognise the challenges they have experienced as a result of intense scrutiny over the last two years and support their wish for a more independent life.

I want to thank them for all their dedicated work across this country, the Commonwealth and beyond, and am particularly proud of how Meghan has so quickly become one of the family.

It is my whole family's hope that today's agreement allows them to start building a happy and peaceful new life.

From Buckingham Palace:

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are grateful to Her Majesty and the Royal Family for their ongoing support as they embark on the next chapter of their lives.

As agreed in this new arrangement, they understand that they are required to step back from Royal duties, including official military appointments.

They will no longer receive public funds for Royal duties.

With The Queen's blessing, the Sussexes will continue to maintain their private patronages and associations. While they can no longer formally represent The Queen, the Sussexes have made clear that everything they do will continue to uphold the values of Her Majesty.

The Sussexes will not use their HRH titles as they are no longer working members of the Royal Family.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have shared their wish to repay Sovereign Grant expenditure for the refurbishment of Frogmore Cottage, which will remain their UK family home.

Buckingham Palace does not comment on the details of security arrangements.

There are well established independent processes to determine the need for publicly- funded security.

This new model will take effect in the Spring of 2020.

Piers did perk up though, adding: "On a positive note, this spells the death on arrival of Meghan and Harry's plan for a 'progressive' new Monarchy".

The latest statement on Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's future
7
The latest statement on Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's future
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle will pay back the £ 2.4million used to refurbish Frogmore cottage
7
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle will pay back the £ 2.4million used to refurbish Frogmore cottage
Meghan Markle was spotted for the first time visiting a women's crisis centre in Canada
Credit: Facebook Meghan Markle was spotted for the first time visiting a women's crisis centre in Canada Credit: Facebook
Meghan Markle is expected to greet Prince Harry back in Canada later this week
7
Credit: The Sun Meghan Markle is expected to greet Prince Harry back in Canada later this week Credit: The Sun
It came as Meghan Markle visited another charity in Canada yesterday
7
Credit: AFP or licensors It came as Meghan Markle visited another charity in Canada yesterday Credit: AFP or licensors
Prince Harry mimes his rugby skills in the palace gardens
7
Credit: 2020 Stephen Lock / i-Images Prince Harry mimes his rugby skills in the palace gardens Credit: 2020 Stephen Lock / i-Images
Prince Harry attended what could be his last royal event yesterday
Credit: Splash News Prince Harry attended what could be his last royal event yesterday Credit: Splash News
Prince Harry is pictured here with his grandmother the Queen, who this week agreed he could go live in Canada and step back from life as a royal
Credit: PA:Press Association Prince Harry is pictured here with his grandmother the Queen, who this week agreed he could go live in Canada and step back from life as a royal Credit: PA: Press Association
The Queen released a statement after the crunch talks with Prince Harry on Monday
Credit: PA:Press Association The Queen released a statement after the crunch talks with Prince Harry on Monday Credit: PA: Press Association
Meghan Markle 'may never return to live in Britain' as staff are axed from Frogmore Cottage after Megxit
Topics